Ghoul of Children

It was a Friday afternoon around 12.30 or 1.00 when my my aunt came to my house, looking for her daughter, N. It was not unusual for us kids to not come home for lunch, but she felt something was wrong that day. She told my mother that she had looked for her everywhere and asked if there are any place that I could think of that she hadn't look.

We went to the 'garden' behind our houses, went to our friends' houses, we scoured the small village, and there was no sign of her. Abduction was rare, but by then, it has become a possibility.

As we contemplate about calling the police, my grandmother quietly went to her room. She came back out with a Quran and I can clearly see she was reciting it. She said nothing to us, but walk straight out of the house and we followed her. She then stand facing the small path that I told about earlier. It was empty.

Then, voila! My little cousin was playing by herself at the trench. It was like magic. She just appeared out of thin air.

My grandma quickly grab her and personally bath her. The next day, we all got an earful from her. She forbid us to play outside alone when it was mid afternoon especially on Friday. She said, there are other beings out there who might take a fancy on us, and on Friday afternoon, as all the men were out to pray, they might think it is the easiest time to snatched us.

Later, I asked N what had happened to her that day. She said, she was hot, so took off her shirt. Then I came by and asked her if she'd like to go to the beach with me. She said I cycled her to the beach and we were looking for crabs when grandma found her.

My grandma failed to mention that these other beings can snatched/lured you anytime it fancy. A few years after that, they/it tried to abduct my youngest brother  at dusk, in front of our family, while we are about to have dinner. Luckily, my mother came to her sense and grab him before he was gone.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Story Behind Ring-a Ring-a Roses

The World’s Most Beautiful Suicide – Woman Jumps Off 86th Floor of Empire State Building

Genesee Hotel Suicide (1942)